Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Transmission in!

I finally got the transmission in place it was a tight fit but everything landed where I intended. 


As you can see the oil pan sits pretty low past the k member I was thinking of modding the oil pan or perhaps elongating the k member, but now I'm leaning more towards a skid plate rather than throwing off the geometry of the suspension by doing essentially the same thing, protecting the oil pan. Ill have to see how low the car squats with the weight of the engine and trans on it.

In the car I had to trim the shifter hole slightly to clear for my mock up shifter bracket. This shifter bracket is temporary as I plan to fabricate a better one. 


Test fitted with the NB center console I have with it fitted with a embroidered Nismo shift boot.

Yeah I need to get a better shift knob.

Next I need to fabricate the transmission mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment